The Ministerial Education Fund Apportionment
A portion of money goes to the schools based on the
number of full-time United Methodist faculty and senior
administrators within. Funds received by the 13 United
Methodist schools of theology relate more directly to the
number of students in Master of Divinity programs who are
registered candidates for ordained ministry, and how many
graduates have been ordained in The United Methodist Church.
Forty percent of the fund reserved for theological schools
is divided, based on the number of United Methodist
students enrolled in candidacy for ordination and the
number of graduates ordained after completing seminary.
Twenty-five percent is distributed among the seminaries
for basic support.
The remainder is divided as follows:
* 3.5 percent, based on the number of United Methodist faculty and senior administrators;
* 3.5 percent, based on gender and ethnic inclusiveness of faculty, administrators and students; and
* 3 percent for grants to be used in programs of spiritual formation, continuing education and other theological education initiatives.
* 25 percent of the receipts remain in annual conferences to assist candidates for ministry, to support continuing education for pastors and clergy recruitment and to provide financial aid for students.
The Ministerial Education Fund:
Preparing Men and Women for Effective Ministry
They come to DISCOVER. They come to be CHALLENGED. They learn to LEAD. They leave to SERVE.
Thank you for Supporting the Ministerial Education Fund Apportionment at 100%!
For more information on Ministerial Education Fund, please contact the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry.
United Methodist Seminaries:
Boston School of Theology, Boston, MA
- Candler School of Theology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Claremont School of Theology, Claremont, CA
- Drew University, The Theological School , Madison, NJ
- Duke University, The Divinity School, Durham, NC
- Gammon Theological Seminary, Atlanta, GA
- Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, Evanston,
- Iliff School of Theology, Denver, CO
- Methodist Theological School in Ohio, Delaware, OH
- Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
- Saint Paul School of Theology, Kansas City, MO
- United Theological Seminary, Dayton, OH
- Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington, DC